Artistic Residency for composers
As a participant you will:
- have your music performed in one of the public concerts by our guest musicians. The files of the A/V professional recordings will be also shared with all the composers at the end of the festival and can be used by them as they wish. For the 2023 edition you can submit:
- 1) music for cello quartet (Quartetto Zuena);
- 2) music for saxophone with or without electronics (Duo QORA!);
- be mentored during the composition and rehearsal of your music;
- attend a lecture and a public masterclass with our guests of honor Steven Mackey and Sarah Kirkland Snider;
- present your music at the Composition Colloquium, a daily masterclass led by Amy Beth Kirsten, David Serkin Ludwig and Dmitri Tymoczko. You will receive a public composition lesson from one of them and you will receive feedbacks by all the other participant composers;
- receive an individual composition lesson by Amy Beth Kirsten, David Serkin Ludwig and/or Dmitri Tymoczko. You will receive them from the two teachers who did not led your Composition Colloquium;
- attend daily lectures by our international faculty members Giovanni Albini, Giovanni Cestino, Amy Beth Kristen, David Serkin Ludwig, Christopher Theofanidis and Dmitri Tymoczko;
- attend intensive short workshops by Amy Beth Kirsten, David Serkin Ludwig, Dmitri Tymoczko and Giovanni Cestino;
- attend a seminar led by Alberto Barberis, “An introduction to web audio API”, and learn how to develop your own artistic web audio app;
- attend a seminar led by Giovanni Cestino, “Musicological Tools for Artistic Research”, and explore some of the critical tools that musicology can offer to composers in the practice of artistic research;
- be a member of the highSCORE New Music Center and join one of the largest international networks of contemporary music, accessing new opportunities, commissions, collaboration and performances. An interview with you led by our musicologist in residence, Giovanni Cestino, will be published in the highSCORE Proceedings and your biographical information will appear in our database.
The tuition for the artistic residency is 2900 Euros.
- lodging in spacious double and single rooms in comfortable, finely furnished apartments located in a private park nestled in the woods and surrounded by a large park, 1100 m above sea level, located at Passo Penice, in the municipality of Romagnese in the province of Pavia, at the crossroads of four regions: Lombardy, Emilia Romagna, Liguria, and Piedmont;
- meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner and all-day snacks), providing the most typical Italian cuisine curated by a chef at the festival’s disposal;
- recreational activities to enjoy nature and the time together;
- a shuttle service from/to Pavia train station on the first day and on the last day of the festival.
Not included in fee: airfare, passport fees, any insurance, etc.
During the festival our staff will be available and assisting 24 hours a day.